Economical and cost-effective ducted air conditioning systems are A4Air's specialty.
These tips will also help to minimise your energy bills and ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently...
- The most cost-efficient temperature for your air conditioner is around 24°C in summer and 20°C in winter. Even 1 degree higher or lower will increase your running costs.
- It is best to run your system on Cool or Heat, not Auto.
- Air filters should be cleaned gently at least every 3 months with a soft vacuum cleaner head or brush or washed with water and dried before replacing. In ducted systems the filter is located behind the large grille in your ceiling.
- Close all windows, external doors, and doors to areas not being air conditioned to ensure your system operates properly and cost-effectively. It is highly advisable to close blinds and curtains to shade against the sun during the day too.
- It is important to have your home air conditioner serviced by a professional every 12 months to prolong its life, increase the efficiency and air quality, and to ensure any warranty remains valid.
- If your ducted system has multiple zones, only cool or heat the areas you are using by switching the relevant rooms on or off. This will reduce your running costs, and most systems are not designed to air condition the entire house at the same time anyway.
- Roof insulation is strongly recommended, as a lack of insulation may cause the ceiling outlets to sweat on hot days and drip condensation which can damage your ceiling.
- Keep the area around the air conditioning unit outside clear of obstructions like weeds, plants and storage items - there must be a free flow of air around the outdoor unit.
- Turn your air conditioner off while mowing the lawn to stop grass being drawn into the outdoor unit.
- Ensure you use your air conditioner correctly by reading the instruction manual provided.
- Poorly designed and installed systems can be costly to run and reduce the comfort and equipment durability, so ensure your system is professionally designed.
Call A4Air today on 1300 966 608 or submit an online enquiry and we will contact you about the most cost effective air conditioning solution for your needs.